2. What is the multiplicity ( s, d, t, q ) of the highest field signal from this sample?
3. The sample has a singlet at δ = 3.8 ppm. In units of Hertz (Hz) how far is this signal from the TMS signal?
4. What structural feature is suggested by the singlet at δ = 3.8 ppm?
A CH3–C=O B –CH2– C –O–H D –O–CH3 E C–CH3 F C=C–H
5. From multiplet line separations (Js), which of the other signals is coupled to the quartet at δ = 2.9 ppm?
A δ = 1.2 ppm B δ = 3.8 ppm C δ = 6.9 ppm D δ = 7.9 ppm
6. Using the integrator trace and the formula of the sample, assign a whole number ratio to the sample signals as follows:
7.9 ppm signal ; 6.9 ppm signal ; 3.8 ppm signal ; 2.9 ppm signal ; 1.2 ppm signal